How to Join the FBAC Email List (List Server)
The FBAC list server is open to all members who may be interested in
maintaining routine contact with other members.
It is the club's primary method of communication.It is used to notify members of FBAC meetings and other activities, and to communicate about our common interest in astronomy and space sciences. Please observe the following guidelines when using Netslyder:
How To Join The FBAC List Server
- Please keep any attachments small – 200K or less.
- Please refrain from personal attacks or "flaming".
- Remember that people of all ages read Netslyder – be mindful of your message posts.
- If something might be considered controversial, take it to e-mail.
- There are plenty of places on the Internet for politics; let’s keep it to a minimum on Netslyder.
- If there are problems with a member’s use of Netslyder, please contact a club officer.
To subscribe, send an e-mail to FBACastro@gmail.com
Please include your name (your FBAC membership will be verified), and the email lists you wish to join. Many FBAC members join both lists:
- "FBAC" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- "George Volunteers" <GeorgeVolunteers@mail.netslyder.net>
The "FBAC" list provides updates and general discussions about club activities, astronomy news, and other topics.
Feel free to post astronomy, science, weather, club membership, or other questions or comments you may have to the "FBAC" email list.
The "George Volunteers" list will provide you with current updates on volunteering opportunities at the George Observatory. If you have questions about volunteering at the George Observatory, or if you would like to fill an open volunteer position, please respond to the "George Volunteers" email list.
Netslyder access is not granted automatically after contacting us with your initial email. We will activate your access to Netslyder within 48 hours.
How To Post A Message to the FBAC List Server
After you have been signed up for Netslyder, you will be able to send and receive email messages.
To post a message, use this address: FBAC@mail.netslyder.net
(FBAC must be in full upper case).
(see example below)
How To Post a Message to the George Volunteers List
To post a message, use this address: GeorgeVolunteers@mail.netslyder.net
(see example below)
How To Unsubscribe From The FBAC List
To unsubscribe, send a message using the email address you wish to unsubscribe, to email@example.com
In the message body: unsubscribe FBAC or Unsubscribe George Volunteers (or unsubscribe to both)
Any problems with the list server can be reported to Steve Goldberg: firstname.lastname@example.org