Losmandy/Gemini 4 Telescope Drive System Notes
Updated June 22, 2007
Things that make this a good choice for the 18":
- Complete integrated package.
- Well established Losmandy brand name with many installations.
- Wes Whiddon has an older Gemini and has had no problems.
Things that make this a poor choice for the 18":
- Single vendor like situation with Quadrant.
- Software/hardware engineer in Sweden.
- Not sure of support from Losmandy since it's not being installed on his mount.
- Note from engineer "It will treat it like a GEM, doing a meridian flip (which may be good since it helps to avoid cable wrappage)" Does he understand our mount?
We DO NOT want to flip our fork mount!
- Most expensive of current choices.