Sidereal Technology/SiTech Telescope Drive System Notes
Updated June 22, 2007
Things that make this a good choice for the 18":
- Andy Saulietis has chosen this for alt-az and equatorial scopes he's made and/or automated.
- Chosen by AstroSystems as the base to their telescope drive package.
- ASCOM driver/standalone software provided.
- Periodic Error Correction handled through ASCOM interface.
- Scope starts tracking at power-up with nothing else connected. i.e. no computer required for tracking and manual slewing.
- Vendor has used to drive own equatorial fork mount.
- User forum indicates very few problems.
Things that make this a poor choice for the 18":
- Small installed base, but relatively new vendor compared to StellarCAT.
- Megastar probably can't work for GoTo. Maybe with LX200 protocol or via Argo Navis.